BBQ Baby Back Ribs with Smoky Bourbon Baked Beans
BBQ Baby Back Ribs Ingredients
- 1 rack of baby back ribs
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ rub
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Preheat your gas grill to high for 10 minutes. Leave one side of the grill with the burner on high but turn the opposite side completely off. The middle of the grill should be on a low heat.
- Place a heat safe bowl filled with water onto the middle of the grill.
- To prepare the ribs for cooking, start by turning the ribs over to the bone side and removing the thin membrane that runs along the bones.
- Rub the ribs with the BBQ rub, making sure to cover all of the area on both sides.
- Place the ribs onto the indirect heat side of the grill, bone side down.
- Cook the ribs for 90 minutes, checking the water to see if the bowl needs to refilled.
- After 90 minutes, place the ribs a large sheet of aluminum foil creating a wall of foil around the ribs.
- Pour the apple juice over the ribs and seal the foil completely.
- Place the ribs back onto the grill and cook for a further two and half hours.
- Pull the ribs from the grill and carefully open up the foil, the ribs should feel tender.
- Brush the ribs generously with the BBQ sauce and place the ribs back onto the grill bone side down with no foil.
- Grill for 5 minutes then baste again with the sauce and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Let the ribs rest for 5 minutes before slicing then into individual bones.
Smoky Bourbon Baked Beans Ingredients
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tbsp bourbon
- (2x) 15oz cans of great northern beans drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cola
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp BBQ rub
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Chop the bacon into small chunks and add to a medium sized pot. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add the onion and sauté until the onion is soft.
- Add the bourbon and deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot with a pinch each of salt and black pepper.
- Stir gently and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 30 minutes and then serve.