Secret Supper Pairing: Secreto Iberico + Alexander Valley Cabernet
We had the pleasure of participating in a pop-up dinner with Secret Supper in Dallas, TX last fall where Chef Juan Pablo Silva of Bacchus TX created a beautiful menu which paired perfectly with our Rodney Strong favorites. Create your very own Secret Supper at home or with friends and enjoy this delicious dish with our Alexander Valley Cabernet tonight!
Sous Vide Secreto Iberico Ingredients
- Secreto Iberico (pork)
- Garlic powder
- Salt + pepper
- Rainbow cauliflower
- Lime juice
- Whole garlic clove
- Marinate the pork with garlic powder, rosemary and EVOO.
- Vacuum and cook sous vide for 3 hours at 135 F. Cool down.
- Clean and cut parsnips into bite size pieces.
- Marinate with EVOO, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Sautee on a flat top grill until they start to caramelize. Once they form a nice crust, turn and repeat for the other side.
- When they are golden all over, remove and toss in the butter.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets and toss in EVOO, salt and pepper.
- Grill on a charcoal grill until nice and charred on all sides. Remove + set aside.
- To make the salsa verde, char the tomatillo, jalapeno, garlic and onion on the grill.
- Once cooled, blend in a blender with lime juice, cilantro and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Finish the dish by char grilling the Secreto Iberico until golden brown.
- Arrange the cauliflower and parsnips on a platter and top with the sliced meat.
- Drizzle with salsa verde and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Juan Pablo Silva, Bacchus TX